Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to my blog! I hope to have some fun sharing my adventures growing African Violets for Show and pleasure. A little about me. I live in Philadelphia and have been growing african violets since I was eighteen. The love affair started for me when I visited the Philadelphia Flower Show and came across the exhibit of the African Violet Society of Philadelphia. I immediately joined the club and was thrilled to put down my first leaves (which were generously given to me by fellow club member Betsy Branson). From that day I have grown violets under lights in my parent's basement, my bedroom, then in my dormroom in college. Now, living on my own and in a small yet comfortable apartment I am growing my violets under a 48" light cart located in a CLOSET (gasp!) in the apartment. While not the ideal location to house violets it is working so far. For those of you who read this blog you will play witness to trials growing in such a confined place. You might also hear me cursing my boyfriend for calling my plants "A Science Experiment." This blog is intended to be fun and a place where you can learn about, discuss, and share photos, etc. about african violets. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and check it out!

Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment