Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Science Experiment"



My boyfriend Will does not understand my fascination with african violets at ALL. He thinks they are for old ladies and wonders why a young man (I'm 24) would want to grow these plants. His way of describing my growing is by calling it "A Science Experiment." It is quite comical that he sees it like that. He says the fluorescent lights hurt his eyes and almost daily he will close the closet door to hide the light. Don't worry! I am always there to open it back up. Living in an apartment has been a compromise. I was not willing to give up growing and he is not willing to have the light stand in the immediate living area. Therefore we have compromised on the closest. Here are a few photos showing you how I have the stand setup.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Us non-old-lady* African violet growers gotta stick together!!!

    (*No offense to the old-ladies! <3)

    ReplyDelete