Friday, November 5, 2010

November Meeting of AVSP




Last night I attended my club's monthly meeting. I haven't been since April of 2010 because I live in center city Philadelphia and do not have a car to drive to the meetings. Yesterday I found out that the bus takes you right to the meeting spot and picks you back up right outside of it. DAMN! I wish I had known about the bus all this time. It was super easy, cheap, and convenient. It does make it hard to carry plants to the meeting for our "Little Show" but I'll figure that out in time. I wanted to share a few pictures of plants that two members brought in to show off for us. The first plant is Buckeye Seductress and that it is. There must be 150 blooms on this plant and unfortunately it bloomed too late for our October show. The second photo is of Teen Chatter, an unregistered Pittman plant. Very nice bloom but can anyone tell me why the plant could not be exhibited? Happy growing!

3 comments:

  1. I love how passionate you are about your babies!! And really enjoyed reading your posts, I look forward to seeing more in the future, as I try to grow some violets again, I'll ask of course for your advice. I tried to repot my sad little limpy one that was left after summer, it didn't really take, just fungus'd over and expired. I got a good couple years out of it... I'll try again in the spring!...<3 Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The second photo is of Teen Chatter, an unregistered Pittman plant. Very nice bloom but can anyone tell me why the plant could not be exhibited?"

    My guesses are: gaps in leaves, inferior leaves under bigger ones, and not symmetrical enough. Am I right or am I just being way too critical??

    ReplyDelete
  3. As to why Teen Chatter couldn't be exhibited, it was probably oversized or had more than one crown?

    Cy

    ReplyDelete